Abstracts, Free Papers and Posters
To navigate the pages hover over the 'Conference' Tab above
Have you considered being part of the BAA Annual Conference 2017 by sharing some of your own research within the programme?
Why not consider presenting your own paper or poster. An integral part of the conference is always the free papers and posters. They provide the ideal opportunity for those working within the audiology field to share best practice, research and network with colleagues. If you have a project or piece of work you have been working on that you would like to share, then why not consider submitting an abstract for presentation as a poster or an oral presentation.
Submission Deadline: Monday 24th July (midnight)
Having difficulty submitting your abstract using the registration link provided above? CLICK HERE
The British Academy of Audiology are calling for abstracts for posters, speakers and All You Need To Know sessions at the BAA Conference in Bournemouth 16th and 17th November 2017.
The submission categories are:
There are 4 presentation options available:
Title: Maximum of 25 words
When submitting your abstract you will be asked for your preferred presentation method from:
Abstracts should be submitted in the following format:
If your abstract is successful you MUST register to attend the full conference before Friday 22nd September. If you are not registered by this date your abstract will be withdrawn from the conference.
Before you submit your abstract take a look at this document to ensure you have all the information required:
Having difficulty submitting your abstract using the link provided above?
If you are using Internet Explorer and the link provided above does not work, please copy and paste the link into your browser address bar and hit return. If this still does not work this is due to the increased security on the registration website being incompatibles with your NHS browser, this is caused by low security settings on your NHS server. To counteract this please paste the link into a Google Chrome or Firefox web browser.
If you are still experiencing difficulties please contact us on 01506 292042 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Instructions for Creating a Poster
If you are accepted as a poster presenter at the BAA conference please find below all the the specifications and information you should take into account before preparing your poster.
- Posters MUST be A0 portrait (1189 high x 841mm wide) other sizes or shapes will not be accepted.
- The title of the poster should be clear & unambiguous
- The content of the poster should be accurately described
- The design of the poster should be appropriate to the content i.e. posters about research should present the results and discuss limitations and relevance to practice
- Content should be succinctly explained i.e. not too wordy
- Any results should be clearly explained and presented appropriately
- If you have any conflicts of interest please ensure these are printed on the poster
- To check the overall visual impact of your poster
- Is there appropriate use of pictures and diagrams?
- Have you remembered to use a large font i.e. 20+?
- Does your poster explain itself?
Presenting your Poster
- You may only use velcro tabs to attach your poster to the board (these will be provided by the conference organisers)
- Try to be available during the conference breaks to answer any questions raised by your poster but ensure you are at your poster at the designated time
- You may wish to leave your contact details on the poster.