BAA Online – a virtual learning resource for members
Having cancelled our annual conference we plan, instead, to offer members BAA Online.
BAA Online will keep many elements of our annual conference. Posters, abstracts, an Annual General Meeting and BAA awards will all feature. But this year, they will all be delivered … online.
- The main element of BAA Online is a programme of webinars. A programme of speakers is being drawn up that will feature experts in their areas talk about: paediatrics, adult rehabilitation, vestibular, implantable devices, music and hearing aids, tinnitus, genetics, health psychology, hyperacusis and BAA member benefits such as the Higher Training Scheme and the Mentoring programme. A more detailed programme and registration details will be provided on the webinar page as the events are confirmed.
- You can take part in BAA Online by submitting your Abstracts for Oral and /or Poster presentations. Abstracts must be submitted by email and fit with one of the following abstract themes: Assessment, education, implantable devices, rehabilitation, service improvement, tinnitus & hyperacusis or vestibular.
- Many of the abstract submissions will be invited to prepare a Digital Poster. More information about this will be provided if you are invited to provide a poster. Find out how to submit here.
- A selection of the abstracts submitted will be chosen for oral presentations. These ‘Bitesize‘ presentations will be short webinars which you will be invited to pre-record at a convenient time for you. These will then be accessible for all.
- We couldn’t cancel our Annual Awards this year. It’s been an unusual, extremely challenging year in which many BAA members have had to work differently, either in their departments or in a completely new area of their hospital or business. Read more about how you can nominate colleagues, students or your department here.
- An important part of our annual conference is the Annual General Meeting (AGM). This will still need to take place in November and is an important year as we will have three vacancies on board, as several long-standing board members come to the end of their maximum two-term limit. The call for nominations will come in July, but you can read more about becoming a Board Director here.