**Lots of bursaries are still available**

Bursaries for Regulated Health & Care Professionals to take master’s level qualifications in clinical research delivery leadership

Regulated Health and Care Professionals * can apply for bursaries to pay the course fees to undertake master’s level courses aligned with the Clinician Researcher Credentials Framework. The qualifications are for experienced healthcare practitioners who want to take on leadership roles in clinical research delivery, such as Co-Investigator or Principal Investigator.

*The adopted definition of regulated health and care professionals are those regulated healthcare professionals, excluding doctors and dentists, who are currently registered with one of the national regulatory bodies, including the Nursing and Midwifery Council, Health and Care Professions Council, General Dental Council, General Medical Council, General Optical Council, General Osteopathic Council, General Chiropractic Council, General Pharmaceutical Council, and the Pharmaceutical Society of Northern Ireland.

For further information, please visit the NIHR website.

These bursaries are part of a wider HCP funding program which has ten streams of work to develop careers within specific professions. Consequently, the bursaries are not available for some professions including doctors, dentists and clinical research practitioners. We recognise the impact this has on many colleagues who have a desire to undertake these courses and we are continuing to work with the Department of Health and Social Care in trying to address this. This restriction applies only to bursary and not course applications; all professions are eligible to apply for a place on one of the courses.

If you do not meet the eligibility criteria for the Regulated Health and Care Professionals bursaries, you can visit the Clinician Researcher Credentials funding information page to see what other funding is available. If there are any updates about bursaries for other professions we will email people registered for updates to inform them of this. You can register for updates by completing this form.