This page lists opportunities for jobs in both the public and the private sector. To post all vacancies please contact the BAA Office by email.
Position: Clinical Specialist / Account Manager (Advanced Bionics)
Company: Advanced Bionics Limited UK
Location: UK North & UK South (2 roles)
Salary: Competitive Salary & Benefits
Clinical Specialist / Account Manager – UK (Advanced Bionics Limited)
Advanced Bionics is a global leader in developing the most advanced cochlear implant systems in the world. Acquired by Sonova Holding AG and working with Phonak since 2009, Advanced Bionics develops cutting-edge cochlear implant technology that restores hearing to those with severe-to-profound hearing loss.
At Advanced Bionics we are dedicated to improving lives by developing implantable technologies and services that help our recipients achieve their full potential.
Our commitment to putting patients first and providing the best possible hearing performance remains at the forefront of all that we do.
The trust that patients place in us inspires us to act with integrity and transparency as we strive for excellence each and every day in all that we do.
We believe that the company’s success and future depend on the skills and efforts of those that we employ.
A fantastic opportunity has arisen within Advanced Bionics for a Clinical Specialist / Account Manager reporting directly into the Clinical Manager.
Applicants are sought for 2 roles (UK North & UK South) who will be responsible for supporting, developing and growing the AB business within the allocated region. This will include:
• Clinical Support to professionals in the NHS Cochlear Implant departments. This includes clinical work, training events, candidate and implanted patient support.
• Work in collaboration with the other Clinical Specialists and other departments within AB in order to ensure high standards of care and support to CI users and professionals.
• Support at internal and external conferences, workshops and training events
• Support the Business Development team on:
o Awareness activities within the NHS Audiology Departments, Hearing Aid dispensers and others that are part of the care path of a hearing impaired patient in the UK/Ireland.
o After care and support of implanted patients.
o Peer to peer activities.
• One or more years of clinical audiology experience with some experience with adult and/or paediatric patients with cochlear implants preferred. Sales and/or training experience a plus.
• Familiarity with competitive technology would be beneficial
• Familiarity with behavioral and objective procedures used to assess implant candidacy and the benefit for adults and children.
• Knowledge of electrophysiological testing with implants (ESRT, Neural Response Measurement) preferred.
• Must be flexible and adaptable.
• Experience fitting and troubleshooting patient’s external equipment and software issues preferred.
• Must be willing to travel (role requires travel within the UK and less frequently internationally)
The key objectives of a Clinical Specialist / Account Manager are to deliver business goals whilst working in line with company values, rules and procedures.
Working at Advanced Bionics will allow you to experience the professional and personal fulfillment that comes with making a difference in people’s lives. You will contribute to advancing biomedical technology and work on challenging projects with smart, driven, friendly people. Diversity, creativity, and collaboration are the cornerstones of our success.
If you are an Audiologist with Cochlear Implant experience, have the relevant competencies required and want to join an exciting and engaging organization then please apply for this job opportunity with your CV and covering letter outlining your current salary and location to firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for applications is 29th November.
This represents a brief outline of the role and is by no means exhaustive. The post-holder will be expected to undertake duties as appropriate to the position and grade. Significant change to the role and its responsibilities would be subject to appropriate consultation with the post-holder
Health & Safety
Health and safety is the responsibility of all employees. The post-holder will work within the health and safety policy and will work actively with the company to improve health and safety and within their legal duties according to the Health & Safety at Work Act 1974.
Equal Opportunities Employer
Advanced Bionics Limited is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity
Lecturer / Senior Lecturer in Audiology
De Montfort University (DMU)
Faculty of Health and Life Sciences
Grade F, £34,804 - £49,553 per annum
Build your career, join De Montfort University (DMU) in Leicester as a Lecturer / Senior Lecturer in Audiology.
De Montfort University is a large university with a commitment to the public good and is proud of its achievements in successfully supporting students from diverse backgrounds which are underrepresented within Higher Education.
Faculty / Directorate
Home to four specialist schools - Allied Health Sciences, Applied Social Sciences, Nursing and Midwifery, and Leicester School of Pharmacy – the Faculty educates and develops professionals who make a significant difference to lives, health, wellbeing, communities and society. The dedicated facilities are designed to replicate current practice and feature industry-standard equipment, enabling staff and students to undertake life changing projects to improve health and social care.
We are seeking a dynamic, self-motivated individual required to join our expanding Audiology team. This is an ideal opportunity to join one of the largest undergraduate audiology programmes in the country. The post is equally aimed at a newly qualified academic seeking a lecturer post, or an experienced academic seeking progression, or a clinician with training experience seeking a new challenge and a post at Senior Lecturer level.
You will be engaged primarily with teaching on all programmes related to Audiology including the BSc Healthcare Science (Audiology) and the Foundation degree in Hearing Aid Audiology. You will be expected to contribute to the development and delivery of these courses through teaching, research and related professional academic activity. You will be involved in work-based activities and fostering and developing relationships with our partners. If applying for the Senior Lecturer post, we would expect the candidate to develop and lead on projects as well as have experience in programme management.
The salary shown is for Grade F/G, Lecturer / Senior Lecturer.
As a Lecturer / Senior Lecturer in Audiology you should be qualified in a relevant audiology discipline at postgraduate level. You should have experience in a specialist area of Audiology, including diagnostic audiological testing, and be able to teach in these areas. You should also be able to contribute to research. You should demonstrate experience of leadership and project development for the Senior Lecturer level.
The school encourages innovative teaching and developing new and novel ways for students to engage with the subject. The department is well equipped with the latest technology to support students and is supportive of links to the various professional bodies, it has global links and provides global experiences for staff and students. If you are seeking a new challenge in your audiology career and interested in education and research this is an excellent opportunity.
For any informal enquiries, please contact: Rakesh Patel (Associate Head of School Allied Health Sciences) Tel: 0116 250 6503, email: email@example.com
To discover more and apply, please go to: https://bit.ly/2klmiAs
Interviews will take place on Wednesday 27 November 2019.
Closing Date: 10 November 2019.
Auditdata Ltd is looking for an enthusiastic person capable of training specialist NHS & private clinics in using the full potential of our Auditbase and Primus solutions. The Training Specialist will be part of Auditdata’s Professional Service team, who provide training to customers at new installations and update them on new functions and features in Auditbase and Primus. The ideal candidate has a theoretical foundation in Audiology and solid insight into the systems that are typically used in audiology clinics.
The focus of the job will be to prepare training materials and use them towards Auditbase and Primus customers in UK, Ireland and the Nordic countries. It will be a requirement to visit our customers to conduct training. Using online services for remote training, however, is also an option to some extent. There will be some travel mainly within the UK.
Auditdata (www.auditdata.com) is a Danish company headquartered in Copenhagen and regional offices round the world. Auditdata develops advanced hearing practise management software as well as innovative fitting and measurement equipment, which is supplied internationally to both public and private audiological clinics and hearing aid dispensers. The UK market is one of the largest and most important for the company.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Deliver high quality training to customers, partners and super users.
- Provide support to complex Audiology questions.
- Provide internal training and sales support
Qualifications & Competencies:
- You have a BSc in audiology or equivalent as minimum.
- You possess practical work experience with audiological processes, including hearing loss measurement and hearing aid fitting.
- You will have a good working knowledge of Auditbase System.
- You will have a good working knowledge of a Fitting System.
- You have an interest in both equipment and software and are familiar with Hospital IT-infrastructure etc.
- You have good communication verbally and in writing skills, good presentation skill and are able to effectively guide customers to a solution that solves their issues. You are a good listener when it comes to understanding the customers issues
- You are able to spend around 50-80 days annually on business trips
Full clean driving license
Basic IT skills are essential
Interim position from around 1/1 - 2020 to 31/12 - 2020
To apply, please send application and CV to Brian Harris: Brian@auditdata.com
Any questions may be directed to Emma Thomson: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: +447568128916.
We are looking for an enthusiastic Audiologist to join our busy and friendly department. You will be working at a senior level predominantly in the adult rehab service in a modern, well-equipped department (newly built in 2004). You will have a BSc in Audiology or equivalent qualifications, and be registered, with the RCCP, ACHS, or HCPC, and have some post-qualification experience working in the NHS or other Healthcare Organisation.
Although we have a very strong learning and development ethos, you’ll need to arrive with some qualifications and experience already in place. These can be found in the Person Spec of the Job Description; however, we have highlighted the key requirements below:
- BSc Audiology or equivalent (essential)
- Registration with RCCP, ACHS or HCPC (essential)
- Further specialist training (eg. HTS module – Adult Rehab)
Audiology works closely and collaboratively with ENT and a number of other disciplines, organisations and charities to provide a strong multi-disciplinary service to our local population. Quality and improvement are very important to us and you will be a key contributor to this. The Trusts encourage a community spirit underpinned by the values and behaviours which support our ethos, “Every Patient Matters”.
Our Team is close-knit, supportive and friendly. We are committed to training, development and a culture of life-long learning. Our focus is on our patients and maximising their experience.
For full details regarding this post please click on this here.
Want to know more?
Please feel free to contact the department if you would like to arrange a visit.
Tel: 01234 792191 or email email@example.com
Harley Street Hearing is an independent audiological practice based in Harley Street with satellite clinics in the central London area. Due to our continued success and growth, we are looking for enthusiastic, motivated experienced and newly qualified audiologists to complement our dynamic team.
A comprehensive training programme and support will be provided to help you reach your full potential.
Qualifications / registrations (any of the following):
- MSc Audiology
- BSc Audiology
- FdSc Audiology
- HCPC (funding available for unregistered applicants)
Scope of practice / training:
- Audiological diagnostics
- Hearing instrument assessment and fitting (including Phonak Lyric)
- Specialist musicians’ audiological services
- Wax removal (training provided if applicable)
- Hearing therapy / tinnitus management services
- Vestibular diagnostics / rehabilitation
- Auditory processing disorder diagnosis and management
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for further details.
Step outside of your comfort zone with Amplifon and join a global business spanning 29 countries
At Amplifon, we are dedicated and proud to provide the most advanced hearing aid technology that allows us to deliver an exceptional experience to every one of our customers. To help make this a reality, we create a culture within our teams to cross-functionally collaborate, recognise achievements and provide local and global opportunities for you to grow and develop.
We constantly challenge the ordinary to create an environment for you to truly thrive in, and this year we are looking for talented individuals who want to step outside of their comfort zone to help us grow our footprint across the UK and EIRE.
We invest in your career
We are currently recruiting for Hearing Aid Audiologists across the UK and Ireland for a number of our clinics. Reporting to the Area Manager, you are responsible for delivering excellence in customer care and audiology services to Amplifon clients.
In addition, if you are looking to develop your career further we also have opportunities available for Training Partners in Scotland and the East Anglia region, and also a Cluster Manager opportunity within the Oxford/Cambridge region.
What We Can Offer You Upon Joining
- Highly competitive Salary
- Uncapped variable pay (for Audiology roles)
- Company Car OR Car Allowance
- 25 days holiday
- Employee Assistance Program
- Auto enrolment
- Brand-new benefit Perkbox
- You will be eligible to apply for both Private Dental and Private Medical Insurance after successful completion of your probation.
- For the right candidate, we also offer a relocation package of up to £3,000 for those that fancy a change of scenery.
Come and join us if you are looking for something in 2019 that challenges, rewards and inspires you!
To view specific locations and remuneration packages for each of our vacancies, please click here for more information; for any queries, please contact our Talent Acquisition Specialist, Grant Finney on 0161 209 7153.
Not for you?
Don’t forget our great referral scheme. If you refer a successfully appointed Audiologist, you will receive up to £1,000 in high street voucher to say thank you!
Founded in 1989, Natus Medical Incorporated is a leading manufacturer of medical devices and software and a service provider for the Newborn Care, Neurology, Sleep, Hearing and Balance markets. Natus products are used in hospitals, clinics and laboratories worldwide. Our mission is to improve outcomes and patient care in target markets through innovative screening, diagnostic and treatment solutions.
The role of Regional Sales Manager is to build Otometrics UK market position by locating, developing, defining, negotiating and closing business relationships in defined areas of strategic focus, mainly Hearing and Balance capital equipment, service & consumables within the Public and Private Sectors.
In this job, you will:
- To develop, define and execute a comprehensive business plan related to Hearing and Balance within the strategic focus areas.
- To identify and develop relationships with key opinion leaders / decision-makers within the hearing and balance community.
- To identify new sales opportunities and develop existing accounts
- Effectively manages key customer relationships and performs the role of Account Manager in all key customer segments.
- Assesses potential business deals by developing market strategies, deal requirements, potential, and financials; evaluating options; resolving internal priorities; recommending company approach in each area
- Locates potential business deals by contacting potential partners; discovering and exploring opportunities related to hearing and balance.
- Works with Senior Management team to achieve company targets and strategy at a local and regional level
- Manages contract and tender-based sales opportunities across regions
- Creates marketing plan and organise attendance at regional marketing events including exhibitions and roadshows
- Any other activities required to assist in the smooth successful functioning of the team
- A background in the audiological sphere either as an audiologist or, alternatively, a significant background/level of experience in audiological sales.
- Ability to communicate effectively with and to understand the needs of others in a sales relationship.
- Experience with managing large accounts including strategic planning, project management, problem solving and execution
- Ability to work independently with a minimum of supervision.
- Ability to travel extensively and work long hours to achieve goals, as required.
- Demonstrated computer skills preferably spreadsheets, word processing, database and other applicable software programs.
- Demonstrate initiative and a willingness to work hands-on and with a sense of urgency, in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Aptitude to take on and communicate clearly complex scientific and medical information.
What we offer:
- Competitive basic salary DOE which will be discussed with the successful candidate.
- Fully expensed company car, phone & laptop.
- Very competitive commission structure.
- Healthcare and Pension after successful completion of the probation period.
EEO Statement :
Natus Medical is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected status.
We wish for applications to be through our online career portal only: https://natus.com/careers
Sivantos National Training Manager
Are you excited by developing the audiological profession in the UK?
At Sivantos we are looking to broaden our Professional Services team and strengthen our training and development offerings in the field and in response to recent growth, we are excited to begin recruiting for an UK National Training Manager. This full time, field-based role requires extensive travel and overnight stays within the UK as and when required
A Creative Flare
The way in audiologists work and the training which they require is rapidly changing and we are looking for an individual with both the personality to engage with a large crowd as well as the ability to create interactive and captivating digital training materials. Experience of providing training is essential and experience using digital e-learning authoring tools would be highly desirable.
Use your expert knowledge to deliver results
As qualified audiologist with over 4 years of clinical experience, you will the drive educational strategy both internally at Sivantos as well as externally in each of our sales channels. From concept building at launch through to audiological deep dives of our rapidly advancing technology, you will be heavily involved in all training mechanisms within the company.
Additionally you will work closely with our technical support team as well as with our regional sales managers to ensure the audiological messages which are core to our portfolio are cascaded throughout the company to deliver a first-class service at every contact point.
How we will support you
We are committed to creating an enjoyable and engaging working environment where you have the creativity and freedom to explore your ideas and change the way in which we deliver our audiological training strategy. At the same time, we will support you through your development, ensuring you have the tools to thrive both on a day to day at work but also outside of work with a competitive compensation package which includes a matching SIPP pension, Life assurance, 34 days annual leave (Including public holidays) and a company car.
We want to hear from you
If you are interested in exploring this opportunity further we would be keen to hear from you please send your CV as well as a covering letter to email@example.com. For an informal chat please feel free to reach out to Leigh Martin our Head of Professional Services and Audiology on 07961697267.
Clinical Audiologist & Hearing Aid Dispenser Vacancy
Competitive Salary & Benefits
About Tripp Hearing
Our hearing healthcare practice has earned an excellent reputation in Oxfordshire and the surrounding areas for providing a wide range of digital hearing aids and for our microsuction ear wax removal clinic, along with a fantastic patient centred service.
At Tripp Hearing we are proud to work to the highest clinical & ethical standards using the very latest equipment to fit the most up-to-date hearing solutions. Our actions are guided by our Patient Journey philosophy and our motto; “providing excellence in hearing healthcare”. Tripp Hearing’s commitment to providing outstanding patient service has been recognised by becoming an AHHIP Centre of Excellence, along with being awarded Oxfordshire’s Favourite for Health.
We aim to be the leading provider in hearing healthcare by ensuring every client that visits us feels they have received the best possible care, unmatched by any other provider in the area. Alongside the client, we want to create a healthy work/life balance for all our team.
The successful candidate will work in a dynamic private practice setting. We are looking for a qualified Audiologist and Registered Hearing Aid Dispenser to join our fantastic team who is passionate about finding innovative hearing solutions for our clients. Our Audiologists guide clients through the process of diagnostic testing, selection, fitting, and sale of hearing instruments according to their lifestyle and level of hearing loss. Our Audiologists have complete independent choice when choosing the hearing system they believe is most appropriate for the client. This is a hands-on position that requires multi-tasking, problem solving and exceptional interpersonal skills. Aspects of the role are listed below;
- Full diagnostic testing including speech discrimination.
- Recommending individual patient care management plans.
- Dispensing of private hearing systems from a variety of hearing aid manufacturers.
- Access to all the latest available hearing systems, including Lyric.
- Providing an on-going aftercare service.
- Microsuction ear wax removal.
- Continued professional development.
The successful candidate will have;
- BSc/MSc in Audiology.
- HCPC Hearing Aid Dispenser registration.
- Proven competency in verbal and written communication.
- A commitment to providing excellent patient focused service.
- Experience in microsuction is desired but not essential as training can be provided.
- Excellent interpersonal skills including strong communication, organisation and teamworking skills.
Interested persons should forward a CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Position: 3x Clinical Regional Manager (Oticon Medical)
Company: Oticon Medical UK & Ireland
Salary: Competitive Salary & Benefits
Clinical Regional Manager - UK & Ireland (Oticon Medical)
Oticon Medical - Because sound matters
Oticon Medical (OM) offers bone anchored hearing systems and cochlear implant solutions, which address the needs of different patient groups. Our solutions benefit people with hearing loss, specialised to address the needs of those who face the hardest hearing challenges. OM UK’s dedicated team work in partnership with Hearing Implant centres throughout the UK and Ireland, to achieve the best possible hearing outcomes for patients.
Sound is a fundamental part of daily life that opens up a world of wonder. Sound and hearing are the key to human development and interaction. Sound is the way we understand, recognise and socialise with other people. In short, to hear is to live. Imagine a world without sound, without being able to hear, without being able to interact.
At OM, we are passionate about using our combined expertise and resources to open up the world of sound to as many people as possible. We do so because we appreciate that when it comes to quality of life, sound and sound quality matter.
A fantastic opportunity has arisen within Oticon Medical’s Clinical Support Team for a Clinical Regional Manager, reporting directly into the Clinical Team Leader / Manager and Sales & Marketing Director.
This applicant will be responsible for supporting, developing and growing the Oticon Medical business within an allocated region. This will include, but not be limited to:
- Clinical Support to professionals in NHS Cochlear Implant & Bone Anchored departments. This includes clinical work, running & organising training events, and candidate & implanted patient support events.
- Work collaboratively with other colleagues and teams within Oticon Medical in order to ensure the highest standards of care and support are provided to CI & BA users and professionals.
- Facilitate and support awareness activities within NHS Audiology Departments, Hearing Aid dispensers and other organisations that are part of the care pathway of deaf & hard of hearing patients in the UK/Ireland.
The key objectives of a Clinical Regional Manager are to deliver business goals whilst working in line with company values, rules and procedures. The post-holder will be expected to undertake duties as appropriate to the position and grade. Significant change to the role and its responsibilities would be subject to appropriate consultation with the post-holder.
Working at Oticon Medical will allow you to experience the professional and personal fulfilment that comes with making a difference in people’s lives. You will contribute to advancing biomedical technology and work on challenging projects with smart, driven, friendly people.
We are seeking an audiologist with Cochlear Implant experience, a person who is an effective communicator and who can self-manage but also work in a team environment. The ability to rapidly grasp technical concepts, and explain them to persons with a variety of knowledge levels is essential. The role will be field-based, requiring extensive travel across the UK, including some overnight stays.
If you feel you have the relevant competencies required and would like to join an exciting & engaging organization, then please apply for this job opportunity with your CV and covering letter outlining your current salary and location to Daniel Battelle, Clinical Team Leader – UK & Ireland, email@example.com
Equal Opportunities Employer
Oticon Medical is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.