World Hearing Day - 3rd March 2020
February 06, 2020 at 3:18 PM
The World Hearing Day 2020 will be observed on 3 March with the theme
"Hearing for life: Don’t let hearing loss limit you”.
Key messages for World Hearing Day 2020 include:
- At all life stages, communication and good hearing health connect us to each other, our communities, and the world.
- For those who have hearing loss, appropriate and timely interventions can facilitate access to education, employment and communication.
- Globally, there is a lack of access to interventions to address hearing loss, such as hearing aids.
- Early intervention should be made available through health systems.
Materials are available for those that wish to participate in the day. Flyers and infographics that can be used to for World Hearing Day are listed below, click on each to download the pdf. Support materials include:
- Infographic for policymakers
- Flyer for parents
- Flyer for people with hearing loss
- World Hearing Day toolkit for planning
Don’t forget to register your event.
To promote and support such actions, WHO and CGHH have launched a small grants scheme. As part of this scheme, partners can apply for a grant of up to USD 800 to cover expenses related to activities they are doing on 2020
A maximum of 20 grants will be provided. To learn more about the small grants scheme and to submit your application, go to https://cghh.usu.edu/smallgrants/2020/ Applications must be submitted by February 21, 2020.
WHO would like to hear your ideas for future World Hearing Day themes. It could be the next World Hearing Day theme, propose your idea here.