Belfast Health and Social Care Trust is now recruiting for a Band 7 Audiology Lead (Deputy Manager) to join their team.
Directorate: Surgery – ENT
Reports to: Audiology Manager & Professional Lead for Audiology
Accountable to: Service Manager ENT
Note: A waiting list may be compiled for any similar posts that arise over the next 12 months
In this role, you will support the management and co-ordination of Audiology services within the Trust, to ensure provision of effective diagnostic and rehabilitation Services. You will be responsible for the development and delivery of Adult services within the framework of Adult Audiology Quality standards.
You will work as part of a multi-disciplinary team including Administration, Nurses and Medical staff, and liaise with other Trust services to benchmark and liaise with voluntary sectors to modernise and develop hospital audiology services.
You will also deputise for the audiology manager and professional lead for adult services, leading on quality improvements, assurances and developments, representing the Trust at regional and national meetings as required.
- Degree in Clinical Science/Physiology or BTec in MPPM or equivalent
- BAAT Part 1 and 2 Audiology Examinations or equivalent AND Registered with the Registration Council for Clinical Physiologists (RCCP)/ Academy for Healthcare Scientists (AHCS), Health Care Profession Council (HCPC).
- Minimum of 2 years current experience as a Band 6 ( or equivalent) with evidence of further professional development AND be able demonstrate a portfolio of training and development that shows current working practice at an advanced level in an area within adult audiology AND Be able to demonstrate advanced knowledge of clinical practice, the range of diagnostic testing, rehabilitation and monitoring of the NHS range of appliances and service relevant to an adult service
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to meet the needs of the post in full
- Have ability to network regionally and nationally and influence regarding training and education to promote and develop adult audiology services.
- Ability to work effectively within a multi-disciplinary team
- Ability to work to a high standard without direct instruction or supervision, adhering to departmental policies and procedures.
- Effective planning and organisational skills with an ability to prioritise own workload
- Up to date knowledge of assessment, testing and rehabilitation techniques and regional and national guidance impacting on audiology
- Significant experience in the field of Audiology
For more information, and to apply, please visit: https://jobs.hscni.net/Job/31609/bhsct–adult-clinical-audiology-lead-deputy-manager-band-7
The closing date for online applications is Thursday 30th November 2023 at 4.30pm