Audiology in the United Kingdom is a profession with many titles. Over the years, we have had Registered Hearing Aid Dispensers, Clinical Scientists, Audiological Scientists, Hearing Therapists, Audiologists, Medical Technical Officers and Assistant or Associate Audiologists to name a few.

Recently the term Healthcare Scientist, with specialisation in Audiology, was added because of modernising Scientific Careers. The various titles and qualifications complicate professional registration because there are different routes to qualification, as well as different registration bodies to consider. At present, there are three different registration bodies in the United Kingdom:


Read the full guidance document