Start a career in Audiology and join the BAA
Become a part of the future. Join the largest association of Audiologists in the U.K. Benefit from being part of a group of like-minded professionals, supported and advised by your peers.
A career in Audiology
- Join a challenging and expanding field involving the study of hearing and balance.
- As a healthcare profession, audiology also involves assessment, management and therapeutic rehabilitation of people with hearing and balance problems, and associated disorders.
- This work involves patients of all ages, from newborn babies and children to working adults and elderly people.
- New and exciting opportunities exist in this expanding field. Audiology is a fast-evolving and varied discipline.
- Individuals with an interest in biological sciences, psychology, physics and electronics, as well as speech and language development, may find that audiology has a lot to offer them.
- Many audiologists work in multidisciplinary teams, frequently liaising with medical, education and research professionals.
- A desire to work with and help people is essential and forms an important component of both training and the job.
- Employment opportunities are available both in the NHS and the private sector.
Join the BAA
- Stay connected and informed.
- Join a platform to contribute and feedback on all things Audiological.
- Regional peer support groups.
- Member rates at annual conference and professional development days.
- Regular communications – Horizon E-Newsletter, BAA News quarterly magazine.