The theme of the debate is “To hear for life, listen with care”. The debate will take place on Thursday, 3rd March 2022, from 12:30 to 14:30 (CET).
MEP Alex Agius Saliba will host the debate (Malta, S&D).
Agenda for the Lunch Debate:
- Welcome & introduction by MEP Alex Agius Saliba (Malta, S&D)
- “To hear for life, listen with care” by Shelly Chadha, WHO
- The WHO global standard for Safe Listening Entertainment Venues by Mark Laureyns, AEA
- Why hard of hearing people care for safe listening by Lidia Best, EFHOH
- Young Ambassadors going to schools by Laia Zamora – EURO-CIU
- The importance of Adult Hearing Screening by Patrick D’Haese, Hear-it.
- The importance of Access to Ear and Hearing Care in Europe by Satish Mishra – WHO-Europe
- Conclusion by MEP Alex Agius Saliba.
The debate will be held in English. During the debate, there will be a simultaneous speech-to-text service in English.
Information and registration
For more information on the virtual lunch debate at the European Parliament, please visit: https://www.meetings.be/Debate2022/
If you want to follow the lunch debate, you can register for free here.