Novel Interventions for the Human Cochlea: emerging research and therapies.
Novel Interventions for the Human Cochlea: emerging research and therapies. Royal Society Medicine, London. Thursday, February 5, 2015.
about this event
This meeting will:
- Provide clinicians with an update on the regenerative biology of the inner ear
- Discuss the place of stem cell transplantation in neurosensory restoration
- Highlight advances in gene-therapy relevant to hearing restoration
- Inform clinicians about recent biological advances in tinnitus therapy
- Explain how laboratory findings may impact on the treatment of common inner ear conditions eg ageing, Meniere’s disease, vestibular failure etc
- Explore how novel drug delivery systems may be optimised for treating humans
- Learn how microfabriated and nanomechanical devices could be applied to the inner ear
- Consider how linear and rotational accelerometers measure the ear’s vibrations and fluid motion
- Foster ‘bench to bedside’ collaboration between clinicians and scientists
- Enhance public and patient understanding of the value of inner ear research
Everyone is welcome to attend the piano recital as a stand alone event and this is available to book separately.
If you are attending the day meeting and would like to stay for the recital please indicate this when booking.
We are most grateful to Advanced Bionics UK Ltd, Cochlear Europe Ltd and Med-El UK for supporting this conference.